"Dr. Spiess Chemische Fabrik GmbH" is a traditional, global specialist with a high level of expertise, providing service based on partnerships. Our company was founded as an independent company in 1987 following the spin-off of the thiochemical activities of 'C. E.F. Spiess & Sohn GmbH & Co'. What started as a research project after the Second World War became an independent business division by 1954. We are now a wholly-owned subsidiary of 'GECHEM GmbH & Co KG', which acquired its shares from 'Spiess-Urania Chemicals GmbH' in Hamburg in 2006. By the 1950s, we had successfully specialised in the manufacture and sale of fine chemicals which are used as intermediate products in the chemical industry.